Wednesday, March 30, 2016

crazy busy

i don't have a lot of time because i need to go for my walk before i get totally distracted by my day and time slips away.

i've upped my walk to 3 miles--60 minutes, and thats where its going to stay.  that burns approx. 400 calories for me at the moment and that is perfect.

i weighed in on friday and i had lost 9 lbs!!!  then easter weekend with some extra eating and CANDY, so i'm going to be either happy or sad come this friday.  but i'm not going to let it derail me.

the perfect numbers for me seem to be 1600 tops calories with 400 burned.  i lose weight and i'm not hungry.  i'm trying to stick to this goal.

i am a fan of eating a good percentage of my food as raw food.  i don't cook veggies as a general rule.
once a week i buy a lot of produce and then clean and chop everything into containers for salad.  then i can top them with my protein.


i try to use approx 50 % organic.  i heard once that the health benefits of the vegetables balanced it out.  i'm not going to say that is true or not, but in the winter when nothing is growing here in maine you have to do the best you can with the resources at hand.


i'm up to 3 containers full of mostly veggies and good greens.  the fourth container is my husbands (he doesn't like ALL of those veggies!)  the last salad is usually as fresh as the first as long as you are using fresh ingredients to start with.

                                                                   a beautiful thing.
this is my favorite salad combination.  french fried onions, gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries, vidalia onion dressing.  all things measured--ALWAYS!


                                      another beautiful thing--my sweet grand baby sophie!

1 comment:

  1. That grandbaby is indeed sweet.
    LOVE that you are doing so well with the diet. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete